Join Now to File A Mutual Consent Divorce For
Choose an all-inclusive optimum legal solution for your business with Kanoonvala.com!
- Mutual Consent Divorce
File A Mutual Consent Divorce
Submit your details to begin now
Mutual Consent Divorce
Mutual Consent Divorce in India is a kind of divorce in which the husband and wife decide to dissolve the marriage mutually. In a mutual divorce, the husband and wife can file a divorce petition after deciding the terms of divorce together. The terms relating to divorce by mutual consent including maintenance/alimony to be paid to the wife, child custody and division of property jointly owned by both are finalised amicably.
Mutual divorce is also known as uncontested divorce as the spouses decide to separate peacefully, without either of them contesting the divorce application in the court. To file a mutual consent divorce, it is pertinent that at least one year has been passed from the date of the marriage. The process of mutual divorce is simpler and faster, and the husband and wife can file a joint divorce petition and get a divorce in just 1-7 months.
What You will Get In The Package
Telephonic consultation with a divorce lawyer for 30 minutes.
- Case counselling through a private meeting with the lawyer.
- Drafting of the divorce petition.
- I Motion filing in court.
- II Motion filing in court.
- Obtaining a Decree for Mutual Consent Divorce.
- Court fees.
- Other legal expenses incurred during court proceedings.
Indias First Online Case Tracking And Management
Nations first ever tech enabled online case management and tracking tool for your ongoing matters at one single place!
End-To-End Case Management
Manage your ongoing matters with our state-of-the-art tool for invoice, calendar and task management.
Cloud-Based File Management
Easily track your files on the go with our double encrypted cloud-based records management system.
24*7 Communication Tracking With Dedicated SPOC
Connect with your Single Point of Contact any time and track all communications hassle-free.
Documents for filing a Mutual Consent Divorce
- 1. Personal details and information about the family.
- 2. Proof of marriage like the Marriage Certificate, photographs or marriage card.
Procedure to file a Divorce by Mutual Consent Petition
- 1. A petition for divorce by mutual consent can be filed by the spouses who have been married for at least 1 year. A joint petition can be filed by hiring a common divorce lawyer who can represent the interests of both the husband and wife.
- 2. Once the divorce petition is allowed by the court, the spouses file a joint statement relating to the amount of alimony/maintenance decided, custody of children and division of property.
- 3. After the First Motion is filed, the court may order a reconciliation period of 6 months and give the spouses some time to reconsider their decision. However, after the recent judgment in Amardeep Singh vs. Harveen Kaur, the Supreme Court has decided that this ‘cooling-off’ period is not mandatory and a mutual consent divorce can be awarded in just 1 month as well.
- 4. Once the cooling-off period is over or an application to waive-off the cooling-off period is filed, the Second Motion is filed and final statement is recorded.
- 5. The court awards the decree for mutual divorce to the spouses.
Mutual Consent Divorce
Important Points On Mutual Divorce
Latest Judgment On Mutual Divorce
Tips On Hiring A Divorce Lawyer
Contested Divorce In India